Be safe in Cardiff
Use a reputable taxi firm and make sure the vehicle has the firms logo on the vehicle when it arrives.
Never get into an unlicensed vehicle. Licensed vehicles have either a yellow or white plate on the rear attached to the bumper. This plate has their registration number and Cardiff County Council license number on it. In the event of a problem you will need these numbers.
If you have booked by mobile phone, Dragon Taxis will text you free of charge on the taxis arrival with the registration number, make, model and colour of the vehicle. This is a service for your safety to make sure you only get in the correct vehicle.
Dragon Taxis always runs on the meter. If your driver doesn't turn the meter on, refuse to pay and contact our office on (029) 20-333-333
If you have booked a taxi with Dragon Taxis it is easy to identify the driver and solve any issue quickly. If you flag a car down or collect one on a rank then we wouldn't be able to identify the driver and won't be able to help you with any issues.
If you tend to spend all your money and can't afford a taxi home late at night then you should consider purchasing a pre-paid Travel Card from Dragon Taxis in advance so you can always get home.
A four seat car costs less than a five, six or seven seat vehicle ( there are extra charges for more than 4 people )
Not all Cardiff Taxi companies charge the same. Dragon Taxis runs at the Cardiff County Council rate for saloon cars. Be aware other companies may be more expensive. Some companies are up to 10% more expensive.
CARDIFF UNIVERSITY SAFE TAXI SCHEME
- Cardiff University students can make emergency bookings on account if required.
- When a student phones us they must quote that they wish to make a booking on the Cardiff University Safe Taxi Scheme
- A student must also give their full name and Cardiff University student union card number. This card must then be shown to the driver to verify the booking at the pick up.
- The scheme is active from 10pm to 6am every day.
- There is a maximum allowance of £10 on the account and only two students are to travel at any given time.
- The drop off point must be a student residential address
- Please be aware this service is in the interest on student protection and to be used in emergency situations only. The student will have to reimburse the students union at a more convenient time after the emergency situation, as they are the ones that guarantee the fares are paid to Dragon Taxis and will therefore be collecting the monies owed.
- This service is currently only available to Cardiff University students.